Friday, August 8, 2008

Faulkner and Iqbal

Haven't read anything lately- not even the newspaper since the last post. Living in my lalaland if there is such a xanadu.

Was very intrigued by a paper bag made out of Organic Chemistry textbook. And this brings me to the question- why is it so fascinating to read about alcohols and esters on the back of a paper bag than in school Phew!

But today I resumed my desultory reading somewhat- d'sltry because it drifted from Iqbal (the great Urdu poet) to the great author William Faulkner.

Iqbal was an unassuming poet and scholar and very emotional and ardent too in the matters of heart.

One day he reached late for class and justly chastised for being late. To which he replied tongue-in-cheek -- " Sir, Iqbal (glory) comes late."

I think I will end this post with a Faulkner (who was originally Faukner ) quote which so succintly defines my approach:

"I never know what I think about something until I read what I've written on it. "

Ciao